I've starred in numerous roles in the past forty years - infant...child...school girl...college woman...mother...nurse...friend...even enemy to some. Each phase teaching me...molding me....creating the unique individual I am today.
Throughout this journey I've waited patiently for the day I would feel like a full fledged adult....the day I stop dreaming and become satisfied with what is....the day I finally accomplish everything I set out to do all those years ago when I first proudly proclaimed "When I grow up I want to......."
It wasn't until I read Karen Walrond's mighty life list that I realized the only finality in life is the day you close your eyes for the last time. Until then...the world is my oyster. I can achieve anything in life I want because I have that freedom.
To keep in step with this awesome revelation...I decided to compile my own mighty life list. Like the person who inspired Karen to start her list said....writing it down can be transformative...just the act of putting pen to paper...or in this case blogging about it gives those dreams of all the things I want to do in my life substance...no longer are they just thoughts.
My list of 50+ things I want to do before I go - I plan to mark through items as I accomplish them and add new ones as I continue to discover me!!
1. Visit Paris with the man I love
2. Start and finish a 5K run
3. Visit Elmina Castle
5. Learn at least one ballroom dance (waltz, foxtrot...whatever)
6. Visit the Grand Canyon
7. Be in Times Square on New Year's Eve when the ball drops
8. Vacation in Bora Bora
9. Learn to bake cakes from scratch
11. Tour the White House
12. Visit my father's grave
13. Take my mother to Hawaii
14. Obtain a Master's Degree
15. Dip my feet into the Atlantic and Pacific Ocean
16. Take Jacob to Disneyland
17. Visit Mexico
18. Float across the sky in a hot air balloon
19. Tread water
20. Make peach preserves
26. Gamble in Las Vegas
27. Reach and maintain my ideal weight (150lbs) - 20lbs away
28. Attend an opera
29. Read one book a month for a year
30. Spend one Christmas Day helping the needy
33. Build a snowman
34. Visit a paintball park with my son
36. Have an article published in a famous publication
37. Go snorkeling
38. Sleep under the stars
39. Kiss my first grandchild
40. Find my soul mate
41. Go fishing and catch a fish
42. Take a spur of the moment road trip with no actual destination
43. Learn Spanish and be able to communicate it fluently or well enough
44. Gamble in Atlantic City
45. Visit Stonehenge
47. Visit Canada
48. Go on a hayride
49. Change a flat tire
50. Learn to play tennis - Thanks Patricia Tate!!!!
51. Complete this list!