1. Did you keep your New Year's resolution and will you make more next year?
I don't remember making a resolution last year and have no interest in making any this year. Too much pressure! I'll take it day by day.
2. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, a good friend of mine had a beautiful baby girl on the 28th of December...(just in time to claim on last year's taxes...!!!)
3. Did anyone close to you die?
Not that I can remember. And since I can't remember....if they died, I don't guess they were very close.
4. What countries did you visit?
Ummm......none. Does visiting Sarah Palin and looking at Russia from her house count?...Although, I didn't do that either.
5. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Year long happiness and less stress
6. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting my brilliant son graduated from high school without catching a charge!!
7. What was your biggest failure?
Not focusing more on my business
8. What was the best thing you bought?
HD TV x 2! They are awesome!
9. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My 8 year old son, Jacob. His entire world has been turned upside down during this divorce. Still, he takes it like a little champ and never complains. We talk a lot about how he's feeling and in which direction things are going - I love him and want him to know it's all about him - not me or his Father - but HIM!
10. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Guess that would be my ex! As a brand spanking new born again Christian, one would think forgiveness, moving on and closure with dignity, respect and without anger or resentment would be the easiest for someone deeply rooted in The Word to do....guess he missed that sermon.
11. Where did most of your money go?
Rent, utilities, tuition, etc.
12. What did you get really excited about?
George W. Bush exiting the White House!!!
13. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Forever in Love - Kenny G
14. Compared to this time last year are you happier or sadder?
Just really regaining some feeling after being completely numb - but definitely heading towards happy!
15. Thinner or Fatter?
The same. Although, that will not do. I realize now that I'm 40 the gravitational pull exerted on my body is a lot more powerful than it was 20 years ago....ugh!!
16. Richer or poorer?
Comfortable - never been rich; sure as hell hope I'm never poor
17. What do you wish you'd done more of ?
18. What do you wish you'd done less of?
19. How did you spend Christmas?
With lots of family, food and great memories
20. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Only a little bit deeper
21. What was your favorite TV program?
Forensic Files - Don't push me....I know how to kill you and get away with it!!!
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I've never hated anyone
23. What was the best book you read?
The Host - Stephenie Meyer - the Twilight lady
24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Classical music - Mozart, Beethoven, Berlioz, Debussy, Strauss - just a few of my new favorites
25. What did you want and get?
26. What did you want and not get?
An S-series Mercedes Benz - black with cream interior....(just in case someone's interested in making it happen)
27. What were your favorite films of this year?
Revolutionary Road, The Reader, Milk, and the one about Wolverine....the name of it may have been Wolverine...
28. What did you do on your birthday?
As big as it was (turning 4-0), I spent the first 8 hours at work, the next 8 hours sleeping and the remaining 8 back AT WORK!!!
29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
I've always been a jeans and tee shirt kind of person. But I think it was '09 that gave me a new respect for dressing like a "lady" - dresses, skirts, "pretty things" - occasionally
30. What kept you sane?
My boys, good friends, and a family's love
31. What celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Can't think of one in particular that I "fancied"
32. What political issue stirred you the most?
Health care and how anyone could be opposed to a provision that would guarantee health insurance for EVERY American - (Death panels my butt!)
33. Who did you miss?
My grandmother, great grandmother, uncle - surrogate father, and others who dwell in my heart
34. Who was the best new person you met?
I finally found MYSELF - and it was a pleasure meeting her
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009
The frailty and brevity of life make spending one minute sweating the small stuff an injustice to your existence (put that one in your book...I just made it up...damn, I'm good!)
36. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I'm done believing you
You don't know what I'm feeling
I'm more than what you made of me
I followed the voice you think you gave to me
But now I've got to find my own, my own
(Listen - Beyonce Dreamgirls)
(Listen - Beyonce Dreamgirls)